Thursday, March 02, 2006

In March the wind blows down the door and spills my soup upon the floor

Every year around this time I reach a point where I stop believing in summer. The wind howls, the snow whirls, I pile on every sweater I own and am still, somehow, cold... and I actually start to think that summer is never actually coming. That probably I just dreamt it, and it was never real at all. Just a defense mechanism that my brain creates when my toes are beyond frozen after eight months.... like a mirage in the desert.... my mind creates warmth and green out of thin air. Because it can't always be this hideous.... can it? I really hope not. Luckily, I have photographic evidence of being warm...


See? I'm wearing a tank.... it must be warm. Yes, I know that's a glacier in the back... but this is Alberta, what do you expect?
And a flower... an actual flower, growing outside and everything. I always forget how green looks. mmmmm. I just can't wait until summer. Party dresses, sunscreen, strappy sandals, here I come... in 2 months or so :)

~gillian~

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home