Tuesday, November 07, 2006

My Hips Don't Lie, Either!

On October 4th, 1998, a young woman and a bunch of other Calgary citizens sat on the top of a hill and watched the General Hospital implode... don't worry, it was planned.
At that same moment, a city planner somewhere decided to re-use that land to create an uber-trendy hotspot for wealthy young e-generation urbanites. The city planner boldly decided to make the block of 1st Avenue and 8th Street particularily dangerous to young women with a lust for used books, coffee and knitting.

After chilling in Heartland Cafe and attending knitting class Sunday, I could no longer resist the allure of Baskerville Used Books. The owner was very nice, we had a conversation about Steinbeck, Jazz and San Fransisco while the stereo blared some unbelievable salsa tuneage. It took everything I had to keep my hips still, so of course I asked who it was. Oscar D'Leon, he said.
Oh it makes me miss my Salsa class....
*sigh*
Just salsa-ing through my kitchen isn't doing it for me anymore, I miss being whipped around the dance floor, despite having to fight off the advances of the instructor. I miss salsa! I MISS SALSA SO MUCH!
Must... Go... Dancing....
~g~

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

you should maybe go and do that then! Sure the instructor may be heart broken when you turn him down but this isn't about that..it's about dancing. It reminds me of that one Simpsons where Lisa goes to that tango movie and watches the Tango de la Muerte...and then she goes to tap dance school. Tap-a tap-a tap-a!

8:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home