Monday, June 19, 2006

Lunch Blogger

Ah, more lunch-break blogging.

I had every intention of working through lunch today since I have an afternoon meeting that will likely take far longer than the anticipated hour. But as I sat at my desk, tersely avoiding the tomatoes in my salad, my thoughts turned to sleepiness and hockey and people and places and things, and anything EXCEPT enthusiasm for the task at hand.

I realize that I am very tired, overwhelmed with the grandparents and the job that I hate. I've decided to take a new approach to the deplorable job, which is basically to shock them with my enthusiastic pestering about streamlining, which gives me more work, but which (hopefully) demands acknowledgement and will lead to efficiency. As you all know, I'm a big fan of efficiency. I've decided to be obnoxious about this. I will keep you all updated.

I have also been thinking how this obnoxious efficiency could be potentially beneficial in my "real life" as well. I think I need chore schedules, meal plans, budgets! Martha Stewart gets a bad rap, but I think maybe she just got sick of coming home after a long day at work and staring at the fridge for 45 minutes, praying for a miraculous dinner to appear in front of her, and then giving up and eating crackers in front of the TV. If I plan my cooking and shopping, if I budget, if I have a night set aside to do laundry, etc. then that should technically eliminate the fridge-stare-down and the sleepless nights wondering how I can afford to buy a house on my own or if I have clothes for work the next day. I can lose sleep over far more complex things... heh heh.... or maybe learn to relax.

Happy, Efficient Wishes!
~g~

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home