Saturday, September 23, 2006

Style Icons - Audrey Hepburn

The recent GAP Advertising Campaign put me in the mood to watch Funny Face (the movie from which that footage was taken.) Audrey has been one of my Style Icons for many many years, but as much as I love Audrey, I can't love the skinny black pant. It looks so terrible on most people!!! Why, GAP, WHY?

At any rate, Audrey is the picture of style and grace, (much thanks to Givenchy). Such elegance! I want to be her :) I want the dress in the balloon scene. Get on that, will you GAP? heehee. Also the wedding dress, if you can manage it ;) Why Not? There's Baby GAP, GAP Kid's, Adult GAP, even GAP Maternity... Why not GAP Formal? Think on it, lemme know.

If you haven't seen Funny Face, please see it. It's a strange little movie, and Audrey is just plain silly in some parts, but holy romantic, visual, innovative!!!

Who is your style icon? ... and please, don't say Jessica Simpson :P
~g~

1 Comments:

Blogger Kirsten said...

I want the dress she wears in the party scene in 'Sabrina'. *sigh*... :)

As you know, I love classic movie star styles, even though buying clothes like that now is almost impossible (here on the east coast anyways). Audrey Hepburn, Lauren Bacall... Gotta stick with modern clothes until I learn to sew and can make great outfits from old patterns (which, given my performance in high school home ec, may never happen).

I don't have any style icons from today; sometimes a star will look fantastic, and then they'll do something to land themselves on 'Go Fug Yourself'. Why, oh why?....

7:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home