Wednesday, June 21, 2006

When Pigs Fly!


This charming illustration is by Michael Sowa, whose pictures I love beyond all measure.
As you may note, there are sheep using computers... we aren't sure how effectively these sheep are typing, and the black sheep of the crowd has retired to watch daytime television (who can blame him?). It's a nice picture. No one seems very concerned that the pig is coming in for a landing.
If you work in an office, the sheep on computers probably look familiar to you.
I had an interesting phone call today about a position opening up at the Old Job. It's not an exciting position, but the important part is that it isn't HERE, at the Deplorable Job. I left a message with Old HR and then lapse into a fantasy about going back to Old Job. I imagined everyone being sooooo happy to see me, however inaccurate it might be. I imagined suffering at New Job... "why did we yell at that wonderful person for stuff that wasn't even her fault?" Oh, such bliss.
I've been thinking about the Pros and Cons of each job. The only Pro I could come up with about New Job is that I get to wear Jeans on Friday... oh boy. I tried to remember the Cons about Old Job, and didn't remember a darn thing. I miss them. That's all.
I'm hoping that Old HR calls me back this afternoon and says "come pick up a formal offer TONIGHT!" Haha. That would never happen, but a girl can dream ;) It would be so nice to tell New Job to shove it.... mwahahahaha.
Love,
~g~

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home