Thursday, November 23, 2006

Isn't That Something???

Well. I’m a fairly open person. I like trying new foods and going on adventures, learning new things and going new places. Yet, there are some things that I think I’d never do. Skydiving might be quite a rush, but I don’t think I’ll be a worse person for having avoided it. Likewise for eating liver… frankly, it doesn’t ever need to be done, and it’s better left to those who like it.

But now? The unthinkable has happened.
The most unlikely thing in the world.
More unlikely than liver and skydiving.
You’ll want to sit down for this, and keep a lookout for flying pigs, because what I’m about to tell you is THAT unreasonable.

… are you ready?

I just landed a job in Finance.
Me…
Finance…
I, who spent my life devising elaborate plans to avoid math…
I, who had to take remedial math TWICE just to pass…
I, who took French 30 Honours because my math grades weren’t good enough to get into University otherwise…
I, who took English in university because it was the only degree I could get without Math 30…
*I* just landed a job in Finance.

I still don’t know how it happened, except that my new boss, human resources and the VP of Finance were all eagerly asking me to apply, and then there was a lunch and now this. Now it’s “hey you start December 1st and here’s more money.” A lot more money. And I want to say “are you suuure?” and I want to look for hidden cameras and I want to dance around because this money couldn’t come at a better time and… wow. Just wow.

I guess the thing is that Finance has changed, so it’s less about calculators and more about spreadsheet formulas and being detail-oriented. I kick ass at that, and it seems that the VP Asset Optimization has been singing my praises loudly enough to get people’s attention. Isn’t that something? As of December 1st I’m an Accounting Payroll Clerk. Dig me!!!!

Alright I’m going to go dance around my cubicle now ;)
Love,
~g~

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay! Yippy Yippy! WoooHooo Gillo!

5:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay for Gillian!!!!!! I am so happy for you! A new position with people that you'll probably like better AND more money! Could it get any better? I am so excited! Are we going Vespa shopping next year? =D

8:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!! I'm so happy for you! Go celebrate; do something fun this weekend!

8:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home