Friday, July 28, 2006

On Being A Grown Up

This week has been the most grown up week of my whole life and I have to say, it is SO terrifying and exciting and strange!!!
Last weekend I went to look at a condo that I knew I couldn't afford, and as with MOST things that I can't afford, I fell in love! There was much talk with my parents at this, and lots of "well, maybe" and lots of phone calls.
Of the phone calls, there was one on Monday from ATCO offering me a job, which I gleefully accepted :) So I tried, unsuccessfully, to quit The Deplorable Job on Tuesday, which they refused to accept because APPARENTLY when people yell at you and tell you you're doing things wrong and make you cry, it actually means that they think you're the BEST EMPLOYEE EVER! Well, who knew? And who, actually, cares? So Wednesday I quit again, for real this time. Because this place radiates Evil... Anyway....
Wednesday I also put in an offer on the condo, which was accepted, based on approval of financing and my lawyer approving the paper work.... WELL!!! The bank figures (due to the kind generosity of my family members, and my meager savings) that this financing "won't be a problem." Well, my GOD!
This little condo is so adorable, SO painfully small, and costs more money than my parents paid for their 3 bedroom house, thanks to the market boom in Calgary ;) Oh dear.
So now, it's all down to the waiting, which is awfully hard.
WAITING for the call from the bank saying "you got it!"
WAITING for the paperwork for the lawyer.
WAITING for Friday, which is my last day toiling in the glow of EVIL!
When I have answers, I will update :) And also, post pics from the folk fest this weekend (Thanks to my prime weekend backstage pass!!!!!!!! LOVE my aunt and uncle!!!)
xoxo
~g~

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home