Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Institutionalize Me, PLEASE

Alright, I've clearly been working too hard...

I've had a few late nights of taking work home with me, and tonight 2 of the girls and I are staying at work late to finish a project, and I won't be surprised if we're here till 9 at least. Ugh! But that's okay, because I just come home and dream about work anyway, waking up every 15 minutes with panic attacks... so probably best to just fight the demons here after all.

At any rate, I think it's finally caught up with me.
12:10 PM and I'm in the line up at Tim Hortons... Suddenly conscious of two things:
1) I'm not really sure how I got here.... I remember needing coffee, but do not remember actually WALKING to Tim's.
2) I was just swaying along to Pat Benetar in the Tim's line-up. I wasn't even aware that you COULD sway to Pat Benetar, but apparently you can.
"Hmm," I think to myself. "Probably shouldn't work through lunch today."

So I came back to my desk and decided to drink my coffee and read a few blogs while listening to CBC. I became so engrossed in the music and blogs that I actually forgot where I was, and snapped out of the trance all freaked out "wha... where am I?"
... yikes....
So now, all sleep-deprived, head-spinning, I'm not exactly sure that I'm really awake at all, or if this is just another bad-work-dream. I think I can see the piles of paper growing (they're taking over my desk... maybe I'm shrinking like Alice in Wonderland.)
I HAVE to sleep tonight. I have the big project presentation tomorrow AND a meeting at the bank about getting a mortgage on Friday.... and I can't be crazy at EITHER of those. Nor can I cry, or throw things, or nap or ANYTHING like that.
SO I will pay someone good money to hit me over the head with a rubber mallet so that I may sleep.... anyone? Please?
Wishing you dreams about Pat Benetar, Tim's coffee, Alice in Wonderland and Rubber Mallets.
Xoxo,
~g~

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home