Thursday, January 04, 2007

Ooooh, Shiny....

So Shaw has this new toy called Photoshare for people (like me) with Shaw accounts. You can make nifty little slideshows and put them to music and put them online. It's so much fun! I've spent basically the whole evening playing with it, and this is what I came up with. Just a bunch of shots from my adventures in BC and Alberta, all to the lilting music of Great Big Sea :)

In other news, it’s been a bad week. One of those weeks at work where everything goes wrong and the people are stressed and act vile towards their inferiors and every event only serves to make you more disheartened about your job. I spent most of today trying to calm it all away by listening to classical music and ducking under my desk when someone came my way with that “oppressed and angry” expression on their face.

At noon I went to Staples because, for some reason, stationary gives me sense of peace and clarity. That helped, as did the Magnetic Combo Board that I got for half-price (sweet!) It includes 1 magnetic dry erase board, 1 magnetic dry erase calendar and a section of cork, all on one convenient board. It also comes with cute jewel magnets, photo magnets, clips, pins and markers. I have hung it between my desk and my fridge (at home), so that I will be so organized, cool, calm, collected, and know exactly what night I’m going to clean the bathroom and do laundry. The unfortunate thing is that it’s fairly unattractive and it doesn’t go with my condo’s “theme”, which I like to describe as “Eclectic French Vintage Café/Moderne Bibliotheque.” Okay, I just made that up on the spot, but that’s the feel I get from it, so I’m going with it.
*fantasizing about future biographies re: myself*
“The early fashion and interior design themes by G have been described as ‘Eclectic French Vintage Café/Moderne Bibliotheque’ for her bold use of colour embraced in the context of classic lines. Furniture and textiles span generations; complimentary colour palates framed with large pieces in white and pine. Vintage Art Posters featuring black frames and bookshelves line the walls, coyly inviting interpretations of the intertextuality of Art and Beauty.”

Ahhh, one day ;) But what was I saying? Oh yes. The silver metallic frame of said Magnetic Combo Board does nothing for me, so I’m going to have to see if I can find a wood frame in a thrift store and paint it red or something.

Haha! K I’m out ;)
~g~

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Would that snazzy Paris manhole cover doormat I mentioned fit said decore? It's yours if you want it,I have 3 after all =D

4:10 PM  
Blogger Apartment Girl said...

Sure, I'd love one if you're looking to unload one :)

8:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay, but you have to lend me the Katamari soundtrack in return =D

8:25 PM  
Blogger Apartment Girl said...

I put it out last night, beside my Gameboy to lend to Grandma :)
I also need a copy of the CD with all the pictures that people took at your wedding... not the profressional ones, but the other ones :) Are you going to see Grandma this weekend?
Maybe I'll just phone you tonight :P

8:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home