Sunday, February 11, 2007

I'm Only Sleeping

The problem with cleaning my house before the weekend is that I'm really bored during the weekend. I just realised this afternoon that I would rather be sleeping because my dreams are WAY more interesting than my real life. I think that's probably not a good thing. Hopefully it's just the weather, and in the spring I'll be more inclined to go out and do things. Part of the problem is I don't like doing things alone. I could go to the museum alone, but then who would I share my running commentary with? Museums are a good "test date" for me, because if they can follow my silly-yet-interested-and-sometimes-inappropriate verbal stream then they're worth further investigation. Unfortunately, I've yet to find said person. I generally get the "hey, wanna make out behind that vase?" Well, no. First I want to read the description on the vase, then I want to point out that the difference between Greek and Roman sculptures is all about the nose, and then... THEN, if you're interested in my brain and not just my body? We can maybe make out behind the vase.
... This is the point where my older relatives say "you're being too picky."
Am I? Should I just shut up and make out behind the vase? Or will this just lead to a torrid love affair down the road with a man who is totally digging on my Art History knowledge? Should I hide my complexity? I'd rather hoped that the days of unintelligent=desirable were over. Perhaps I ought to go to museum alone to scope out single men who are actually interested in the art. Now THERE'S a thought ;)
On that note, I'm going to have a nap and hope for exciting dreams! ... it's too cold to go the museum anyway :P
Much love,
~g~

2 Comments:

Blogger Sheila said...

Definately NOT too picky! What would be the point in having someone that you couldn't have lively discussions with? Seems like it would be kind of boring and ultimately unfulfilling. I think you have every right to be selective. At least, then when you do find the special someone, you know it won't just be a making-out-behind-the-vase type of relationship. Hang in there! You are far too wonderful and sweet and beautiful to be single for long!

7:56 AM  
Blogger Nathan said...

Maybe you could volunteer at the museum on your weekends and watch for cute, intelligent guys coming in (alone) to see the collections. You might just snag a post-grad student of ancient history, whom you could discuss Roman and Greek noses with =D

7:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home