Wednesday, February 21, 2007

G is for Gross

Alright.
I'm officially disgusting.
I am so disgusting that I am, in fact, disgusted by myself. I am disgusted by my sweaty, snotty, gross, disgusting, sinus-infected self. YUCK!!! Not remarkably, I had half of a bus to myself on the way home from the doctor because everyone could see that I was disgusting; pockets bulging with damp tissues, eyes watering, nose running, sneezing, cuddling my chai latte, huddled in my gross little world. ... being gross... trying to stay alive until I could go home and put on my sweat pants and be gross all by myself. The doctor has me packing in 1,500 mg of Amoxicillan a day, so hopefully I'll be slightly less disgusting soon.

I had to work (alas) part of the day today as I had my DREADED, PERSONAL DEVELOPMENT REVIEW! AUGHHHH!!!! I was so certain that I was going to walk into the room and my boss would sigh and say "G, I'm sorry, but you're dumber than a sack of hammers and we're going to demote you to cleaning the bathrooms. We'd fire you, but the union won't let us."

ASTONISHINGLY, my boss actually said that I was meeting or exceeding all of their expectations AND would I be willing to become the Non-Resident Withholding Tax guru AND take trips out to some of the plants to, like, schmooze or something.... So I said "heck, yes, boss!" and he said "Swell! Just Swell!" ... or something... I was just trying to not be disgusting in front of him, so I didn't really listen :P

I passed!!!
That's all that matters!!!

And now, I'm going to drag my DISGUSTING SELF to bed.

A
AAA
AAAACHOOOO!
~g~

2 Comments:

Blogger Sheila said...

Sucks about being sick. Is it just a really bad cold or something more nasty?

Good about your review though. You're wonderful and everyone knows it!! And as the schmoozing starts, so begins the move up the corporate ladder...

Feel better, stay warm and cozy and if you don't feel up to coming on Saturday, don't worry about it. I'm sure Adam can pull off multiple personalities! Give us a call tomorrow and see how you feel.

7:55 AM  
Blogger Apartment Girl said...

It's a rather nasty Sinus Infection, so it's pretty uncomfortable! Hopefully the drugs will start kicking in soon, so I'll let you know Friday if I'm still up for Saturday! I hope so!!! Thanks for the well-wishes :)

3:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home